Coming Out from Behind the Shadows


June 1, 2013

Today my son and I were interviewed by British filmmaker @erinamos2013 for the film "Semper Est Sperare" (http://semperestsperare.wordpress.com/) --a film about mental illness and the people it affects across the globe.

While it was a gut-wrenching experience to travel back to 2010 again and retell our story, I believe it was well worth it.  My older son called home from prison during the interview so he was able to be part of the filming too.  I am grateful to have had such a warm, empathetic listener today.  It was therapeutic to say the least.

Then we finished off the day by going out to dinner at a local "British" pub.  To our surprise, our guest confirmed that the pub met his standards!

I look forward to following @erinamos2013's progress as he meets more people who have stories to tell.  And I look forward to the finished product as I am sure it will be one step closer to ending the stigma of mental illness.






No comments:

Please share a comment