Time to Heal

Dec. 22, 2013

Time to Heal



I can hardly stand it
staring at my phone
don't even want to think of you
in there all alone

Then back inside my pocket you must go
I'm wearing that same mask that they all know
I'm trying not to show it
But I can tell they see
The face they're looking at just isn't me
How could it be?

Sitting by the window
waiting for the rain
thinking of our mem'ries so that
I can feel the pain

Then back inside my pocket you must go
I'm wearing that same mask that they all know
I'm trying not to show it
But I can tell they see
The face they're looking at just isn't me
When will it be?

Suddenly, it occurs to me
that none of this seems real
when is it my turn 
to feel?

When I finally hear you
you simply let me know
with your laughs and promises
that you love me so

Then back inside my pocket you must go
I'm wearing that same mask that they all know
But suddenly it's clear to me
that all of this 
is real
Finally it's my turn 
to heal

No comments:

Please share a comment